Thursday, October 21, 2010

REFUGE


The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my rock in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2

Our Women's Fall Retreat is quickly approaching. Join us for a great time together on Friday night and Saturday morning.  Our speaker this year is Jill Rhodes and the theme is "Refuge".  If you have never heard Jill speak you are in for a treat and if you have heard her you already know what a great speaker she is.  Be ready to receive what God has for you over this awesome weekend!!

Tickets are on sale now through October 31st.  You can purchase them online or in the Connection this Sunday October 24th and next Sunday, October 31st.

"Refuge. It’s what you long for when life gets hard and the road seems long. A place of peace and safety. A shelter of strength and refreshment. Somewhere to hide out and Someone to hide in. A space to be still and to know that He is God. A fortress of sure victory. We all need it at some point, and many of us need it now, more than ever! Come and find firmness to steady your steps as you learn more about your Rock of strength and salvation. As David discovered through every stage and storm of his life, you too can experience in his songs (psalms) more of the nearness and nature of the One who even now waits to be a refuge for you right where you are. It is all you really want and everything you need. So what are you waiting for?"  Jill Rhodes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment