Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October 15th - Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day


October 15th is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day.  This is a national remembrance day as of September 2006.  Yesterday at our MOPS meeting we had a balloon release at the end.  Each of the moms there that had a loss or losses released a balloon for each child.  All the other moms released a balloon as well.  We released the balloons as we all sang Jesus loves me.

It is amazing no matter how short their life may be, the footprint that they leave on our heart.  I know for me personally I will never be the same again after going through the loss of my two precious angels.

Romans 5:3-5 says 3Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.


Losing a child is something that you do not plan on happening.  We may never know this side of heaven why it happened.  We may ask God "why me" a million times but like Isaiah 55:8-9 says,

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
       neither are your ways my ways,"
       declares the LORD.
 9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
       so are my ways higher than your ways
       and my thoughts than your thoughts.

God has a plan for each person and for each angel baby.  It is amazing how someone so small can change a life forever.  I remember to this day a card I received after our first child passed away.  It said how one day she would meet us in heaven and say "hello mommy, hello daddy".  I can just imagine her giving us a tour and telling us all about the things she and her sister have been doing there. Knowing they are safe in the arms of Jesus and that one day we will get to hold those precious babies can give us so much hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment