Thursday, October 7, 2010

Love

Too often I think I make it through my entire day without stopping to think about how much God loves me. I know, we're taught the song "Jesus Loves Me" as soon as we can talk (at least if you grow up in church), but I think we forget what it really means. God LOVES us--not like we love our favorite purse or our new outfit, but He loves us enough that He sent His Son to die for us. His perfect, without sin son...died for me, and you...sinners.

I think that it's really easy to sugarcoat Jesus into this sweet man surrounded by children, but there's so much more to Jesus. He was beaten for us; was nailed to a cross for us; suffered anguish for us; was temporarily separated from His Father for us. He was not just some sweet man. He is our Savior, our Redeemer, our Lord. He loves us enough that He said YES to God so that we could forever live with Him in Heaven one day, so that we could experience grace--something we don't deserve but are freely given.

Oh, how He loves us. Have you thought about it today? Have you thought about the fact that this life is more than just the latest technology, the cutest clothes, and the fastest car? This life is about the Creator of the Universe loving us and offering us freedom in Him. He extends Himself to us, and He asks us in turn to tell others about Him as well. He desires relationship with us. He is not some unapproachable god; He is the One who approaches us. He came to Earth for us. He comforts us. He carries us. He LOVES us.

I couldn't say it better than the lyrics to the song, "Oh How He Loves Us," so I've copied them below. Please take the time to read them--even if you've heard the song a hundred times before--and really let it sink in how much God loves you.

How He Loves Us by David Crowder Band

He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
So Heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…

He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.


I pray that each of you who reads this might feel fully how much the Savior loves you. If any of you don't know Jesus personally, I pray that God might use this for His glory and your salvation. His love is deeper, wider, longer and higher than we can comprehend--and He feels that way about YOU. Bask in it today. You are fully and completely loved.

Oh, how He loves you....

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this song, and this post. Thank you Kim, for reminding me of His love for me. I think, "duh", I know He loves me, but the way He is taking care of those little details and brings me peace in the midst of turmoil, is proving His love for me... not that He has to... b/c He already has on the cross!!

    ReplyDelete