Thursday, August 12, 2010

Uncommon

Over the course of the past few months, God has been speaking to my husband and me about a "next step" that He has for us. Though we are not sharing it with the world yet, it is safe to say that it is not a decision that can be made lightly, and it is not something that all of our friends are doing. It is something that He has grown in us, and we know without a doubt that it is of God.

However, because it is not something that "everybody's doing," we know that not everyone will embrace it once we share. We have found, though, that the only place we want to be in this life is in God's will, so we will face the disapproval, the questions, and whatever else comes with it because we know 100% without a doubt that it is what God has for us.

In the midst of all that we've been wrestling with, my husband introduced me to a song I hadn't heard before. It's called "Uncommon." The first time I heard it, I sat and wept as I listened to it. You see, all year I have been saying that I don't want to be "normal" in the world's eyes, and the decision God has led us to is certainly not that. It is uncommon.

I don't know what you're facing right now, but I believe God has called us as Believers to live a life that is different. He calls us to love the unlovable, to serve those who don't want to be served, to do things that others might not understand. It may be something big, or it may be something as simple as taking a meal to someone who's hurting. Whatever it is, will you take the time today to hear His voice? What does He have for you?

As you read through the lyrics below (or click on the link above to listen to it), I pray that you might hear God's voice and that you would be willing to join me in this uncommon life.

"UNCOMMON"


What if there's something bigger for me out there
Than the comfort of a life on this middle ground?
I've played it safe but now I can't help but wonder
If maybe I've been missing out

'Cause I look around and see a sea of people
Everybody's moving in the same direction
And I think it's time to break away, break away

CHORUS

I wanna finally take the road less traveled
I wanna run away from anything typical
I want the world to see the life I'm livin'
And call it
Uncommon

What if the right thing was harder than the wrong thing
But I did it anyway?
Standing strong even when no one else was watching
What if I really lived that way?

Every heart has it's defining moment
This is mine and I'm not gonna miss it

CHORUS 2

I wanna finally take the road less traveled
I wanna run away from anything typical
I want the world to see the life I'm livin'
And call it
Uncommon

I don't care if it makes me look different
I'm never letting go of my convictions
Let the world see the life I'm livin'
And call it
Uncommon

What if I made it to the end of my days here
Only to find that my legacy is nowhere to be found
I don't wanna waste another second
Give me the strength to start right now

CHORUS

1 comment:

  1. Marty and I have made several "uncommon" decisions the past couple of years. Only a handful of people could understand or embrace our choices, but I know that God directed them and for that reason, I have the strength to press on and win the race. May God guide you as you seek His will for your life together. I am praying for you and can't wait to see what our Heavenly Father is up to in your lives.

    ReplyDelete