Thursday, May 6, 2010

How He Loves Us

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."  John 3:16 (NIV)

Everyday I am reminded of just how much Jesus loves me when I look at my little girl.  I often wonder how I could love her anymore than I do today then tomorrow comes and it is as if my love grows deeper each day.  I often think if I can love someone so much how much Christ really loves us.  I think how I would do anything for my little one and that is just what Christ wants to do for us.

Can you imagine your child falling down and needing your help to get up and you just walking away?  Our motherly instinct is to run to her and pick her up just like Christ wants to pick us up when we fall. 

Can you imagine your child hurting and not wanting to go put your arms around her and comfort her?  Anytime we are hurting Christ is there with open arms just waiting to comfort us.

Jesus loves us so much that he died for us so that we would have eternal life.  Have you accepted Christ into your life and received His gift of eternal life?  He wants to pick us up when we fall and he wants to comfort us when we hurt.  Are you turning to Him?  Are you letting Him pick you up when you fall and comfort you when you are hurting? 

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."  Psalm 147:3 (NIV)

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."  2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (NIV)

Last month I mentioned that I would post an easy, tasty recipe for several post - so here is the recipe for "Tuna Casserole".  This is actually a recipe given to me by my mother-in-law so I do not know what cookbook that it came from.

Tuna Casserole

1 Can Tuna (6 1/2 oz)
1 1/2 cups uncooked small elbow noodles
1/2 cup onion (optional) I do not add the onion to mine
1 - 5 oz. can evaporated milk (I have used regular milk before and it has turned out fine)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
8 oz. bag of grated cheese
1/2 - 3/4 stick melted butter
1 tube of Ritz Crackers

Cook elbow noodles and drain (do not rinse)
While the noodles are cooking drain and rinse the tuna and open all your can goods
After you have drained the water from the noodles ADD:

Drained Tuna
Milk
Cream of Mushroom
Cheese

Mix all the above in with the noodles and then place in a lightly greased casserole dish.

Crush the crackers into small pieces and mix with the melted butter. Spread the butter/cracker mix over the top of the casserole and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.





No comments:

Post a Comment