Sunday, May 23, 2010

MOPS: the 3 P's

MOPS - Mothers of Preschoolers. This is an amazing organization that has made an incredible difference in my life! I have been a mom for 16 years as of May 4th of this year! I found MOPS in 1998 when my two older kids were 4 & 2. My church started an evening group for working moms! Then I rejoined MOPS in 2007 just before the birth of my 4th child. It was absolutely a life saver. I found myself suddenly surrounded by other women going thru the same things I was. They shared my same passions, struggles, joys  & worries!  Recently the MOPS group I lead had the great honor to hear from Tracey Yukich who was on Season 8 of the Biggest Loser. Tracey is a mom of 4 like me. She devoted her life to her kids and her home. Putting her own health, dreams and needs last. I can so relate to Tracey! She started her talk by telling us that she explained what MOPS was to her husband by saying that they are MOMS of Prestige, Power & Purpose. They are MOMS of Preschoolers. Wow! Too often I just consider myself a mom - but now I realise I am a MOM of Prestige,  MOM of Power & MOM of Purpose. I am a MOM of Prestige - God has gifted me and blessed me to be the mom of 4 great kids here on earth and allowed me the privilege to birth 3 babies into heaven before they were big enough for me to hold. I know that one day my family will be whole and together in heaven. I am a MOM of Power - power to raise great kids, power to influence them for good or for bad, power to protect them and the power to guide my kids.  I am a MOM of Purpose - I need to live my life on Purpose - otherwise the chaos will take over so I work to be purposeful in all I do.

This year our theme for MOPS was "Life Together on Planet Mom." I do feel like I landed on a whole new planet when I became a mom. I am so grateful I don't have to "do" life alone! I have other Moms that I can go to with my joys and my sorrows. I can help them when they are down and they are there for me when I am down. Matthew 18:20 says " Where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."  I am so grateful that I have Mom friends that are there with and pray for me. I would encourage everyone reading this to make sure you have other Godly women in your life that will feed into you and you need to find others to feed into. We are commanded to do life together! So go out there and find other women and do life!

For more information on MOPS at FBC or other opportunities to gather with women go to http://www.fbcmckinney.org/, click on the the" ministries" tab, then "women" under "Adults".

No comments:

Post a Comment