Monday, June 20, 2011

Planning ahead...

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path."

I'm finding the need to remind myself of this at least once a day lately.  Because...I like to plan things out and prepare for what may come.  I like to know what I can do to make the next step easier and more successful for me and those around me.  It really just seems like common sense to me...if I am going into the weekend...I check the calendar to see what is going to happen.  If I am going somewhere for a long period of time...I make sure to pack snacks and a cup for the kids.  If I am looking at a day of being home...I plan to spend some time in the backyard with the kids so they can get their "crazies" out.
I don't think that there is anything wrong with a lot of my planning.  But, I do think that God has been trying to teach me a lesson when it comes to a different kind of planning.  The kind where I think I have it all figured out.  Our next step...our next child...our 5 year plan...10 year plan...retirement.
What I am REALLY learning is that...well...I just can't figure it all out.  And I don't really think that God wants me to.  He wants me to LEAN NOT TO MY OWN UNDERSTANDING.  Which, to me, means...QUIT TRYING TO PLAN AND FIGURE IT ALL OUT.
Sure...God leads us to be responsible and to make good choices that will impact our future.  And, of course, that is necessary and smart.  But, I am starting to find great peace in the fact that I can take this life one day at a time and trust that (as long as I am living for Him) He is going to lead me down the path He wants.
He has shown me over and over that He is worthy of my trust and my time.  And...to be honest...He is just much better at planning that I am!  Now that I think about it...He is much better at EVERYTHING than I am.  So...I give up!  May your will - not mine - be done Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment