Thursday, August 27, 2009

Why Should I Join A Bible Study?????

For the past two weeks I have been thinking about what I was going to write for my post on the blog this week. Well, with a newborn, last week suddenly turns into this week, this week turns into yesterday and then before I know it Thursday is here!

There were several topics that kept coming to me over the past few weeks. I even got my notebook out and started writing. As I started thinking on Wednesday it came to me - I would do what we women do best - I would write today just as if we were carrying on a conversation face to face.

This is the last week at our church to sign up for Women's Fall Bible Studies. If you are asking yourself "Why Do I Need To Do A Bible Study", I can give you a few reasons.

1. To Get In God's Word
I don't know about you but I can tell a huge difference in my life if I am not studying and reading my Bible. Getting in the Word is also how you learn more about Him. Compare it to meeting a new friend. If you never talk with this person do you ever learn anything about this person? Does your relationship with this person ever become more than an acquaintance? If you are not in God's Word then how are you deepening your relationship with Him? The Bible tells us in Ephesians 6:10 "Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." Believe me, Satan knows where we are weak and that is where he will try and get us...an example in my own life is that I have the tendency to be a worrier. I know that we should not worry (Matthew 6:25-34) Well, add together my worry tendencies, running on very little sleep, since I did just have a baby add the hormones to that and what do you get - someone that worries and then fear starts creeping in....2 Timothy 1:7 tells us God has not given us the spirit of fear...I know that I need my full armor on right now...

2. Friendships
A group of ladies and I started a Bible Study three years ago. It worked best for us to meet every other week rather than every week. Here we are three years later still meeting. I think there were 11 or 12 ladies in the Bible study originally and 5 of us are still in the group....new people have joined the group in the past few years and friendships have grown during this time. I think when we start back next month there will be 11 ladies ready to study together. When one of us has a prayer request we know that these ladies are just an email away. The relationships you can build with Godly women is priceless.

If you are not already in a Bible study I urge you to find one to join. It will change your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment