Monday, August 24, 2009

Favor

Job 10:12a says; You have granted me life and favor.

It is August 11, 2009 as I type this entry. This morning in my quiet time, the Lord told me that my obedience to Him will grant me favor with Him. I heard Him say that whatever it is I am in need of, He has. All I have to do is ask Him. Of course in making my request known to Him, I need to be sure that I am in the right position with Him. The Lord told me this morning that in my obedience, He will surely grant me the desires of my heart. There is no request too large for Him to handle. He's God!

I begin to cry as I thought about how simple that is and how pushed back I am. I thought about how many times the Lord has granted me full access and I didn't take Him up on His offer. Not saying that God takes back, He never does that, but He is not going to force anything on me.

I sat in my bed thinking about how many times I have messed up, gone without for being so stubborn, and nearly lost the very things that He has already blessed me with. How many times I have gone against His will and yet He still calls my name. He loves me, He loves you, and no matter what you or I do, that will never change. His love is everlasting and I thank Him.

My mother taught us that when you are given something, a gift of any kind, accept it and appreciate it. Even if it's not "you" and the thing that you would have picked out for yourself, love it. For it's not so much as loving the gift, but loving the giver.

John 3:16, a very familiar scripture says: For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son. That whosoever believeth on Him should not perish but have everlasting life. Talk about favor. The ultimate form of favor.

God gave His son Jesus to me! He loved me so much that He gave me all He had in the form of His son. His son then gave His life so that I may have life through him. Oh how I love Jesus, Oh how I love Jesus, Oh, how I love Jesus, because He first loved me.

There is a name I love to hear
I love to sing its worth
It sounds like music in my ear
The sweetest name on earth.

Lord, I thank You for granting me life and favor. I thank You because I know it is not because of anything I have done or will ever do, but only because of Your love for me. I bless Your Holy name Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment