Friday, September 28, 2012

A Shout out to Sisters!


I want to say thank you, God for Sisters. I have been so blessed and moved by seeing the power of these women relationships. Whether a sister by family or by life, God sure has given me some amazing gifts.

So, Thank You, Father for ...

... my little sister Erin. She knows me and loves me. She is my confidant, my sounding board, my counselor, my heart. My memories start when she was born. I cannot imagine life without her.

... my Mom and Aunt Sue. Even now, as Mom goes to care for Sue, not hesitating to go immediately when called, they show the precious bond they share as sisters. They are a example of love, of sisterhood.

... my Mother-in-Law and her sister. The joy that they share in being together is so evident. The strength and comfort they give to each other through all things is a beautiful demonstration of why God made sisters.

... my many Sisters in Christ. I would not survive life without these amazing, strong, beautiful women you have placed in my life. I am so privileged to be surrounded by women that love you, Lord and love their families and love me for who I am, warts & all.

Thank you, Father, for all these beautiful gifts, these priceless treasures, these sisters that help make me who you want me to be. Amen.

Proverbs 27:17

New International Version (NIV)
17 As iron sharpens iron,
    so one person sharpens another.

Family of God

I'm so glad I'm a part of the Family of God,
I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His blood!
Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod,
For I'm part of the family,
The Family of God.

You will notice we say "brother and sister" 'round here,
It's because we're a family and these are so near;
When one has a heartache, we all share the tears,
And rejoice in each victory in this family so dear.

- Bill Gaither


No comments:

Post a Comment