Thursday, November 18, 2010

I Am Thankful For....

We think about things we are thankful for all year but it seems we focus on it even more at Thanksgiving.  Sometimes life circumstances can make us be thankful for the smallest things in our lives.  Have you ever had something happen in your life that totally changed the way you thought about things and perhaps made you thankful for things you may not have really thought about being thankful for before?

I am so thankful for our precious little girl. I know that is a pretty big thing to be thankful for!!  I am also thankful for all the time I get to spend with her.  This will be her second Thanksgiving and she has taught me so much.  It is amazing how God can use such a small child to teach us so many lessons. 

When we stop and really think about what we have to be thankful for I think it may help us to be more content with what we have and not constantly want more.  I remember after losing our first child telling someone how before she was born I was so worried about her room not being "cute" enough and after she passed away that did not matter anymore. At that point I just wanted her.  I did not care what her room looked like I just wanted her to be here.  I think about that quite often and it can remind me to be thankful and content with what I have.

This Thanksgiving are you content with the many blessings God has bestowed upon you?   I would love for you to share with us in the comment section something you are thankful for this year!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment