Thursday, September 24, 2009

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 1 Corinthians 13:12

4 years ago we had our first child and buried our first child. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with in my life. One year ago we lost our 2nd child through miscarriage. The past years I have asked God "why" more than once. Although I have asked "why" I know that God has a plan and I may never know this side of heaven what His plan is but I remind myself that one day I will know exactly why our first two girls were called to heaven before we were.

1 Corinthians 13:12 reminds me that one day we will be face to face with Christ and we will be able to see his perspective and have the answers to our "whys". Can you imagine what that will be like. Finding out the answer to some of our questions? I like the the way "The Message" says this. "We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!
" 1 Corinthians 13:12. This reminds me of a song that was sang in the church I grew up in.

What A Day That Will Be

Words and Music: Jim Hill

There is coming a day,
When no heart aches shall come,
No more clouds in the sky,
No more tears to dim the eye,
All is peace forever more,
On that happy golden shore,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

What a day that will be,
When my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand,
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

There’ll be no sorrow there,
No more burdens to bear,
No more sickness, no pain,
No more parting over there;
And forever I will be,
With the One who died for me,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

What a day that will be,
When my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand,
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

I mentioned in the beginning of this post about losing two precious children. There is now a National Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day each year on October 15th. On October 15th at 7:00 pm you can light a candle in memory of your baby/babies or a friends baby/babies that have gone before us. This is a video that was put together about October 15th and lighting a candle. The Early Angels Group at FBC has a special service each year and it is scheduled this year for October 18th at 11:00 am. Our guest speaker this year is Debbie Heydrick author of the "I'll Hold You In Heaven Remembrance Journal". For more information please email Early Angels at earlyangels@fbcmckinney.com






No comments:

Post a Comment