Thursday, September 10, 2009

Confidence

"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised." Hebrews 10:35-36 Those words suddenly appeared on the screen at church on Sunday, and I did a double-take. I simply did not remember ever reading that first phrase before: Do not throw away your confidence. I actually grabbed my Bible and checked to make sure I'd really read it correctly. Yes, that's what it said. Interesting...

I have recently been praying about whether or not I am supposed to go to South Africa in January with a group from our church. Last week, God decided to answer that with a resounding yes. He made it clear to me that I was to return for a third trip to South Africa. (I had gone previously in 2007 and 2008.) I was so excited, and I began to share with everyone the amazing way God had spoken and how I was just thrilled to go back to Africa....and then, it happened. The doubts that creep in after making such a bold, dare I say, such a confident statement. I started having the conversations in my mind, "Maybe I made too much out of what I thought was God's response...Maybe I am just making it out to be what I want it to be...Maybe..." I dealt with that for a couple days, still believing deep down that God had called me out for this trip, but also wondering.

Then, on Sunday, I saw the above verse flash up on the screen in the midst of the worship service. And in that moment God spoke to me again through His Word. He reminded me that once He has clearly laid something on our hearts, we are not to toss it aside. We are to be bold in Him, confident in Him. He reminded me that He has a great plan that He has allowed me to be a part of, and I am to persevere in the things He has for me.

I am so thankful to serve a God who has great plans, and who allows me to be a part of them. I pray that those of you reading this will find refuge in Him this week, that you will persevere and do the will of God, and that you will step out with confidence and faith, knowing that God has called you to it.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda ~ Good to hear from you. Isn't that Psalm wonderful?

    ReplyDelete