Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Assurance Through The Rain

I love the smell of rain. I love listening to it fall, watching it make puddles on the pavement, providing a drink for the birds. It's funny how I miss the rain when the heat is on, but once it's here for more than two days, I don't know about you, but I am ready to see it go away. Isn't it funny how we ask for something, get what we asked for and then want stipulations with it? God says whatever you ask, if you believe, you will recieve. Of course we need to be sure we are aligned with His will and way before we ask, but He delivers every time. Things may not come when we want them to, but they are always right on time. Even the rain.

I just noticed this year that my kiddos love to watch a storm roll in just as I do. There is something about seeing God at work during a storm. It amazes us how the clouds form, the color of the sky changes, and the wind takes on a different tone within minutes. Then the rain falls. We will stand out on our porch as long as we can with the mist sprinkling down on us, just enough to feel Gods' work. After a few minutes of that, the rain drops become larger and heavier and it's time to move back inside.

And so we wait out the storm. Sometimes sitting in a candle lit room, or just snuggled in bed waiting for it all to pass. Soon enough, the rain will stop, the storm will pass and the sun will shine again.

I believe it was on yesterday that the sun peeked through the clouds and provided a day of warmth after all the rain had fallen. I thought to myself, finally a break from all the water, short lived as it was. I was still in awe of just how amazing God is. He can do whatever He wants to do, when He wants to and how He wants to.

It looks as though we have a small break from the crying clouds. But as the hours pass, I know they will open up again and release more water for the earth, for us. The rain reminds me of my trials. Sometimes I can see them coming, at other times they blindside me to where I find myself in a down pour. Sometimes they open up with just a drop or two, and then scoot right on out the way. Other times they may just lingere on. But whatever the case may be, I know that God has it all under His control. That's my assurance so let it rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment