Monday, July 18, 2011

Waving the white flag...






Here lately it feels like I am waving this flag...vigorously...often.  Life is crazy sometimes.  The narrow path isn't always easy...and more often it is a little on the tough side.  There are days where I feel like I am treading water and just hardly staying afloat.  But what bugs me the most about these days...is how blessed they are.  The days where I feel overwhelmed and overdone are LOADED full of beautiful children, a husband who loves me, family, a home, friends, food to cook, places to go...and the list goes on.  Yet, somehow, I go through that day just trying to keep it all together and fail to notice what incredible things are happening. 
Sometimes...I find myself even at the beginning of the day...waving my flag...asking God for help and telling Him that I give up.  I am not strong enough...careful enough...thoughtful enough...
But, I find that "giving up" is often a good thing for me.  I have to surrender to let Him take over.  This often allows me to feel like I have given Him full control and allows me to focus more on what I should be doing - being thankful.
Thankful for so much.  From the moment my feet hit the floor in the morning...to the moment my eyelids give out on me...
Trying my hardest to live a life of thanksgiving is changing my perspective. It is allowing me to appreciate more.  Love more.  Laugh A WHOLE LOT more.  Surrender a whole lot more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment