Thursday, January 14, 2010

Spring Bible Studies!

I know I posted about Bible Studies during Fall sign-ups.  It is now time for Spring sign-ups and a great time for you to get involved in a study if you are not already.  You may wonder why you need Bible Study....and I know I have posted most of this before but thought I would post again.

This is the last Sunday (January 17th) to register for Bible Studies in the Connection.  If you would like to register online go here.
The Bible Studies that are being offered this spring are:
  •  Understanding Your Blessings In Christ: Ephesians by Elizabeth George
  • Daniel:  Lives of Integrity, Words of Prophecy by Beth Moore
  • Esther by Jill Rhodes
  • Sitting At The Feet Of Rabbi Jesus by Ann Spangler & Lois Tverberg 
  • Breaking Free:  The Journey, The Stories by Beth Moore
  • Proverbs and Principles for Parenting Practically Perfect Progeny by Jean Stockdale
For more information on each of the studies click here and then click on Brochure.

You may ask why you should join a Bible Study.  Here are a few reasons I think Bible Study is great and why we should all be studying the Word.

1. To Get In God's Word
I don't know about you but I can tell a huge difference in my life if I am not studying and reading my Bible. Getting in the Word is also how you learn more about Him. Compare it to meeting a new friend. If you never talk with this person do you ever learn anything about this person? Does your relationship with this person ever become more than an acquaintance? If you are not in God's Word then how are you deepening your relationship with Him? The Bible tells us in Ephesians 6:10 "Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." Believe me, Satan knows where we are weak and that is where he will try and get us. 

2. Friendships
A group of ladies and I started a Bible Study over three years ago. It worked best for us to meet every other week rather than every week. Here we are over three years later still meeting. I think there were 11 or 12 ladies in the Bible study originally and 5 of us are still in the group....new people have joined the group in the past few years and friendships have grown during this time.  When our study started back this time we had about 16 ladies in our study.  When one of us has a prayer request we know that these ladies are just an email away. The relationships you can build with Godly women is priceless.

If you are not already in a Bible study I urge you to find one to join. It will change your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment